Thursday, July 29, 2010

I went to the doctor for a follow-up yesterday and got the okay to stop using my crutches. Just in time to pass them on to another chili cook. When I arrived, Sharon Roy was in the waiting room, waiting to see the doctor. It looks like Sharon has the same meniscus tear that I did.

NEWS

"To the CASI membership, Great Peppers and Board of Directors.

Hello chili heads. My name is Keith Karaff and I would like to announce my intention of running for the position of Executive Director of CASI.

For over eleven years I have been involved with this organization on many levels. I have held many offices on the Pod level, worked with CASI and the BOD on several committees over the years and have been active in an organization that I truly believe in.

I have watched our organization go through its ups and downs over the years and continue to believe that we do good work. At this time I would like to be able to contribute more to my “hobby”. I believe that experiences in my professional and personal life have given me the tools and the insights to be able to help propel CASI forward. We have the potential to take this charitable endeavor into the mainstream and create a truly remarkable institution as we look for ways to expand our contributions and grow our membership. We need to work together as a functioning, viable group of interested parties while retaining the camaraderie and renewing the excitement and traditions that have made CASI our charity of choice.

I would like the opportunity to prove myself to the membership and this organization that with my
imagination, creativity and experience we can explore the great potential for CASI that we are aware of.

I welcome questions and comments. If you don’t see me at a cookoff, you can contact me at
kdkone@aol.com or by phone 832.521.3271" Keith Karaff

RESULTS AND UPCOMINGS

"The Epsilon Sigma Alpha 3rd CCO was held at the Garland Elks lodge site on
July 24th. It was very hot as is true for many CCO's in the id summer time.
But we had a very good turnout of 36 cooks and they tried to keep cool down
under the pecan trees. The top 2 chili cooks received a new Coleman stove
donated by of all business the Coleman company. Seems the Epsilon girls can
do things most of us only think about. The charity was the Susan G. Komen
breast cancer group.

The winners are:

Chili 36 cooks

1. Kenny Short

2. Ginny Williams

3. Jennifer Moore

4. Kris Stewart

5. Paul Seastrunk

6. Rian Hunter

7. Johnnie Sullivan

8. Robin Short

9. Dan Campbell

10. Bob Pulliam

Show

1. Ginny Williams, Bull Rush Chili

2. Kenny Short, Snake Farm

3. TJ Friedel, Save the Tatas"

(Dave Hewlett)

POTPOURRI

Happy Birthday to Stan Moore.

"Silence is more musical than any song." – Christina Rossetti


News items and pictures for the CHN can be emailed to pepperdean@ctesc.net

No comments:

Post a Comment