Monday, August 16, 2010

Thanks to Larry Burruss and all of his many helpers for a very successful US Nattonal Open on Saturday at Cabela's. Great job by all. We had lots of fun visiting with friends despite the warm temperatures.

RESULTS AND UPCOMINGS

US National Open

104 chilis turned in


1. Brent Allen,

2. Sherrie Davis

3. Vern Gilpin
4. Robert Talvera Q
5. Carrie Kinnison

6. Clyde Rogers

7. Karen Bains

8. James Benefield

9. Melodie Smith

10 Joe Trigo

11 Bucky Selig

12 Susan Dean

13 Dave Pitts

14 Sally Lee

15 Scott winter

16 Debbie LaLanne

17 Alan Dean

18 Diane Stimson

19 Cynthia Wittenburg

20 Bill Dees

21 Donna Foley
22 Doris Greenlees

Show

1. Helen Conley

2. Jim Ezell

3 Mayo Blair...


"Well, I don't know if I was having a Senior moment, if I have finally gone the rest of the way nuts or if it was heat stroke Saturday but I was holding my and Vern Gilpin's numbers at the US Nationals in Buda and when 3rd place was called I thought it was mine. I went up and accepted the ribbon and it wasn't until I finally sat back down and by then checked to see if Vern had won, as first had been called, that I realized I still had my ticket in my hand and I had on Vern's award. I went up and fixed my goof up with the officials but by then Brent had won (Congrats to our VERY worthy new National Champion) and it was too late to announce my mistake. Please excuse my error and help me in congratulating Vern Gilpin of Katy, Texas as your third place winner at the US Nationals. As for me, I am going with heat stroke; that's my story and I am sticking with it." Ed Nesbitt
























Verne Gilpin


POTPOURRI

Happy Birthday to David Horn, Jerry King, and Tom Yarbrough.


"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." - Mark Twain


News items and pictures for the CHN can be emailed to pepperdean@ctesc.net

No comments:

Post a Comment