Tuesday, September 7, 2010

NEWS

"Calling All Chili Cooks and their Ilk!

If you want a new Cooks Register, you MUST order one NOW. I am NOT ordering a lot of extras as I have done in the past so don't expect to buy one at Terlingua unless you have ordered one.

I am still working on the book and there are quite a few people who seem to have a "Roundtoit" problem this year. If you want a new Cooks Register, please contact me ASAP. As usual, the books should be ready by Terlingua. If you have a book, check your listing and see if something needs to be changed or add info like cell numbers (I can e-mail you what I currently have) or will e-mail an application form. Cost is now $23 for a book (includes your listing) or if you don't want a book but want to be in it, a full listing is $2.

I will be at the Great Pepper's meeting so folks can get with me there about their listing or purchase a book. As much as I love doing the book, the number ordered is going down to a point that this may be the last edition of this historic chili book unless I can get more participation. The "Drop Dead" deadline is September 20. Remember, after I receive the info, I still have to get it input and added to the sorted files in the back of the book before the end of September so it can be printed prior to Terlingua." Debbie Eiland Turner goatgapgazette@sbcglobal.net

POTPOURRI

Happy Birthday to W C Dixon, Dixie Johnson, Ed Jones, Sue Yates, and Jody Celum.

"The only true happiness comes from squandering ourselves for a purpose." – William Cowper


News items and pictures for the CHN can be emailed to pepperdean7@verizon.net - Please note new email address

No comments:

Post a Comment